What ethnic group do i belong to

what ethnic group do i belong to

Racial and Ethnic Identity

Apr 13, Ethnicity is associated with a culture that one identifies himself/herself with. You cannot base the ethnicity that you come from based on your race. The quiz below is designed to narrow down things for you and determine what ethnicity you come from. Oct 04, I have to write an essay for a class in which I describe a conflict that my ethnic group has been through. The only problem is I am not sure what ethnic group I belong too, if any. I am white, both my parents were white, as were their parents. Our surnames are Weaver, Motley, Smith, Green, so I am guessing my ancestors were from England.

If you are wondering which of the ethnic groups you look like the most, then this quiz is definitely for you to get your answer! The result etgnic the quiz might surprise you. However, you should take ethinc quiz to know whether you are an American or Russian, or an Indian. All the best! Search Speak now. Questions and Answers. Remove Excerpt. Removing question excerpt is a premium feature.

Originally, I am super brown but then I got that gluta injection to have a white skin. I was once naturally straight haired but then I have it done like afro people.

Pretty cool. I have this super what kind of donuts does dunkin donuts have type that Grooup don't need any perming anymore. I don't know anymore, because I always have a new hairstyle ever since a child.

How will I know? But I think I have two holes on my nose that can breath oxygen very well. Yeah advantage when you work at a supermarket to get products on higher stands. I'd like to be petite because it's cuter especially when you are a girl. Of course. Can you expect someone white to remain pale dthnic he will live in a desert. If you don't have proper skin care then your appearance rgoup really change.

I can write some basic words on other languages but I can't speak them properly. I think Irish because they're like Harry Potter plus Lord of the rings. Japanese, as I am so what ethnic group do i belong to with anime that I think inspired by real faces. Related Topics. More Ethnicity Quizzes. What Ethnicity Am I? Personality Quiz. What Ethnicity Am Wwhat Quiz!

Trivia Quiz. Featured Quizzes. Fun Quiz: The Impossible Test! Are You Really Best Friends? Quiz: What U. City Should You Live In? Most Recent Quizzes. Which Popcorn Flavour Are You? Participate In This Fun Quiz! Be A Mathematician. Back to top.

Terms for specific groups

rows The following is a list of contemporary ethnic facetimepc.co has been constant debate . Nov 04, Ethnic group - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia I'm wondering if the idea of an 'ethnic group' even makes sense in this post-modern world for a lot of people, especially since the world is so globalized. I'll take my own case: My citizenship and nationality is Australian. I was born in Singapore, but moved to Australia when I was a mere year old. Apr 20, If you are wondering which of the ethnic groups you look like the most, then this quiz is definitely for you to get your answer! The result of the quiz might surprise you. However, you should take this quiz to know whether you are an American or Russian, or an Indian. All the best!

Does the idea even make sense in my case? Show Threads Show Posts. Go to Page Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. View detailed profile Advanced or search site with Search Forums Advanced. Location: The western periphery of Terra Australis.

Ethnic group - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia I'm wondering if the idea of an 'ethnic group' even makes sense in this post-modern world for a lot of people, especially since the world is so globalized. I'll take my own case: My citizenship and nationality is Australian. I was born in Singapore, but moved to Australia when I was a mere year old. Ancestrally, my mother is Singapore and my father Malaysian. In those countries, their ethnicity could be considered 'Chinese', although my father also has 'Peranakan' mixed Chinese-Malay, culturally if not genetically descent and has been in Malaysia for many generations, I'm not sure how long.

My mother's family on both side moved to Singapore from about from Fujian province, China. I believe my father's ancestors were mostly from Fujian, possibly with some Malay ancestry. It's probably unlikely but some photos of my old ancestors actually look Japanese or Manchurian my dad's mother came from a rich family, so there are photos dating back from as early as Both my parents grew up mainly speaking English, in colonial Malaya, and later Malaysia and Singapore, although their parents spoke Hokkien, which is a Chinese dialect but as different as a language.

Growing up we only spoke English at home. We were also Christian, ate as much western food as Asian food, and in all respects I am a Westerner exposed to the Western, mostly English body of literature, philosophy, science. Not to forgot the non-Western, inc. Chinese contributions to society. I don't know any other languages a smattering of Japanese from school.

I'm not Japanese at all though. I don't have a so-called collectivist 'eastern' way of thinking, nor are my values that 'Confucian. If so what would my primary 'ethnicity' be, or would it be a mix?

I guess if you asked me, in terms of identity I'm Australian first, even though I feel Australia is more a sub-group of English ethnicity, maybe Singaporean to an extent, Malaysian to an extent, and Southern Chinese ancestrally for perhaps. Going back even further, my ancestors were probably a mix of invaders from the north and the local peoples - the 'Southern Barbarians' of that part of China at the time. Going back further, of course, they came from someplace else.

I don't really feel I'm truly a member of the so-called 'Han Chinese' ethnic group apart from the fact my ancestors came from a region that was under Chinese rule for about years.

My Singaporean identity is more incidental, although I love cuisine from that region, while in a more real sense I'm Australian I don't feel the Australian identity has much history. I guess in the end I don't feel any of these labels is that important. I'm a human being, a mammal, and seek to foster a sense of unity with all peoples and creatures as much as possible.

I think ethnic labels tend to divide more than unite, and I'm suspicious of nationalistic or other types of pride. I guess I'm thinking about this because I recently returned from Taiwan, where questions of identity are very political.

Many Taiwanese do not want to be called Chinese, they want to be known as Taiwanese, so why are 'Overseas Chinese' who live in Thailand for years still considered Chinese when they're completely assimilated? Why are the Dai who arrived only years before them not considered Chinese, even if they came from Yunnan province in China? I guess it's because they were not put under that umbrella group.

At one time the Hakka were not Han, so I think it's more a matter of politics anyway. If I can't speak any Chinese language or dialect am I really 'Chinese' in the cultural sense?

I don't seek to be European but ethnically, not genetically, I'm more European than Asian. I think of myself as mostly being a Pacific Northwesterner. Location: North West Northern Ireland. Originally Posted by belmont Originally Posted by Trimac Trimac, your ethnic group is not the same as your cultural nationality. What you are referring to is your cultural nationality. You are ethnically Asian, but you're culturally Australian.

I'm ethnically Spanish, but I'm culturally American. You may be Singaporean, but you know nothing of life in Singapore since you can't identify with it, just like I don't know about life in Spain and can't identify with it. Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed. I disagree personally. Ancestry is relative.

I'm British-American, but if you went back far enough, I'm sure you could find Spanish, French, Norwegian and Dutch ancestors in my lineage. Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Additional giveaways are planned. Detailed information about all U. Posting Quick Reply - Please Wait. Search this Thread Advanced Search. Similar Threads Do you ever feel like you don't belong in the country you were born in? What 'ethnic group s ' do I belong to?

User Name. Remember Me. Advanced Search. View detailed profile Advanced or search site with. Search Forums Advanced. Page 1 of 3. Location: The western periphery of Terra Australis 24, posts, read 49,, times Reputation: Advertisements Ethnic group - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia I'm wondering if the idea of an 'ethnic group' even makes sense in this post-modern world for a lot of people, especially since the world is so globalized. Your Asian Australian. Quote: Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed Trimac, your ethnic group is not the same as your cultural nationality.

Quote: Originally Posted by belmont22 I disagree personally. City-Data Forum Message. Cancel Changes. Quick Reply.



More articles in this category:
<- How to draw a face of a lion - How to communicate in marriage->

1 thoughts on “What ethnic group do i belong to

Add a comment

Your email will not be published. Required fields are marked*